Thursday, March 17, 2011

G.P.A. 2.21

Report cards came out today. My little brainiacs did very well. Nothing less than an A- and even then, only 2 of those among the three kids.

They get it from their dad.

Got me thinking though, what if someone gave me a report card? I'm the only one who can do that at this point, I guess, so here it goes.

Cooking: B Don't do it enough


Cleaning: A- I scrub it every week, but by the weekend, it looks like a zoo.


Laundry: C What the heck is an iron? Do I have one of those? I do wash and fold, though.


Compassion for my kids: B I've been trying, but it seems like I'm always telling them to "suck it up." Stubbed your toe? Suck it up. Papercut? Suck it up. Broke your foot and have to have a metal plate screwed into it? You got it. Suck it up.


Budgeting: C Is there money in my account? Yep. I can go shopping.


Chauffering: D Hit one car with the other one this year. Double whammy. I'd get an F, but I didn't get a speeding ticket this year, so we're making progress.


Yardwork: F The only bad thing about summer. I asked Layne if with my part of the tax refund (the first time we've had a refund in 8 years!) I could hire a yard service for the year. He laughed. Does that mean no or "of course, dear?"


Time Management: B Getting better at that one, but it's not my fault that things keep getting busier! I can manage the heck out of my day, but if all of the things I have to do add up to 25 hours in a day, I still have a problem...

Crap. If I'm figuring right, my g.p.a. is a dismal 2.21. And, I'm probably going to have to make up yardwork. No credit for flunking...
What happened to my high school 4.0?

3 comments:

Jamie said...

HELPING OUT FRIENDS: A+++
I think your GPA just went up :)
Thank you!

Bellonfamily said...

I agree with Jamie!!! You get major extra credit in that department! You're either at my house being kind to the broken thumb boy, or I hear in a round about way that you brought dinner to so and so.

R Fitz said...

I think we could all use a report card every once in awhile. From the few accounts I hear, which aren't many, they are all positive so up that GPA a little more!