Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Goody Two-Shoes!

In spite of the fact that nothing with Emalee's broken foot has gone right, for once, things went as expected and she was able to come out of the air cast and put on two shoes for the first time since January. Talk about a happy little girl. And a happy mom, because she is back to normal just in time for my Spring-Break-Clean-The-House-Extravaganza. She's so lucky. I've been thinking about her broken foot issues and thinking about the good and bad associated with this trial. I don't think that she sees much good in it yet-- but as her mother, I can see that this experience has helped her to grow in a lot of ways. She has learned patience through situations she can't change. She has learned that people love and care about her and that Heavenly Father always sends someone to answer her prayers. She has learned that sometimes there is nothing you can do about a situation-- the only thing you can control is your own attitude. She has learned to be grateful for health and strength. It makes me think about my own trials in my life and wondering if Heavenly Father looks down at me and makes a list of the things I have learned. Sometimes I wish that He could just send me an email and let me know what it is that I am supposed to be taking from each experience. Wouldn't it make it a little easier if you knew that you were supposed to be working on gratitude through a certain trial? What I do know is that my daughter is finally standing on her own two feet-- quite literally-- and we are all very grateful that this trial appears to be over. Onto the next one... :-)

No comments: