Friday, March 05, 2010

Cheerleaders vs. Maleficent

Four days is a lot of days to spend at Disneyland.

I love Disneyland. I love taking my kids there and just living in an unreal world for however long our funds hold out.

But we've never done four days before.

Two was not enough. Three seemed just right. But, four let us experience D-land in a way that we never had before.

On day 4, we spent most of the day doing things that we never thought we had time for before. We saw the Muppet 3-D show. (Better than I expected.) We toured the sour-dough and tortilla factories. We tried to see Aladdin, but the National Cheerleader Association had ALL of the tickets reserved for the whole day.

Side note about that: I hate cheerleaders. Especially cutsie pre-teen ones with crazy hair dos and glittery make-up on their faces. I 'SPECIALLY loathe the ones who were staying in our hotel and who were playing tag up and down the halls until two in the morning. My hugest bad feelings, however are reserved for their mothers who were walking around in jackets with their names on them and "cheer mom" written beneath them-- packing cans of hair spray and tubes of lip gloss and trying to live vicariously through their shallow little daughters.

Did I mention that they took up all of the Aladdin tickets? (I know-- tell you how I really feel?) My 10 and 12 year old nephews did NOT share my sentiments. If they thought that Disneyland was the happiest place on earth before, then Disneyland flooded with teenie-bopper cheerleaders had transformed into absolute heaven.

But I digress.

One of the attractions in California Adventure is an area where you can learn to draw cartoons, talk to an animated figure from Finding Nemo, and take a test to see what Disney character is most like you.

Both of my boys were Tarzan and Emalee was Jane. Pretty apt, I'd say. Layne was Jiminy Cricket from Pinnochio. I thought that was pretty funny until I got mine.

Any guesses?

Anyone?

I was thinking something along the lines of Mulan-- strong but beautiful, or maybe Elasti-girl from the Incredibles.

It told me that I am most like:

Maleficent.

Are. You. Freakin'. Kidding. Me???

It said that I can put people to sleep. (Spinning wheel, anyone?) It said that I eat people for lunch. It said that I like things my own way.

On second thought. Does Maleficent eat cheerleaders???

3 comments:

R Fitz said...

ROFL!!! Kim...even though I know it shouldn't be funny because I would be very annoyed to have had the same experience, you make it funny! I have done those fun little tours...and the shows are all better than I ever anticipated, especially the Alladin show...make sure you see it next time, even if you have to eat one of the little cheerleaders! I hope I can re-find the character place I found it long ago and was Tinkerbell, but haven't had luck finding it since but have wanted to...I am pretty sure that at this point I would join you in being Maleficent!

Jamie said...

That's AWESOME...I have a new name for you...but only to be used when you're in a good mood...I don't want to be eaten for lunch :)

7packofbearss said...

No wonder Liv loves you- or that could explain why she loves Maleficent. She reminds her of you.