Friday, March 19, 2010

Holes In The Knees

It's been a while. I know.

I'd like to say I have a good excuse, but I really don't. The best thing I can come up with is that my brain has holes in the knees of its pants.

Yep. Holes.

I will explain my weirdness.

In folding my laundry the other day, I realized that every pair of my boys' jeans-- the same jeans that were perfect and new in August-- now has at least one hole in the knees.

Herein lies my dilemma. I like my kids to look nice. I buy them relatively nice clothes. I don't let them wear stained t-shirts or even t-shirts with cartoon characters on the front to school. (Well, except for Doug's Mario shirt that I let him wear as a bribe on the days he balks at going.)

And now, they are the kids with holes in their knees. (Consolation: they aren't the only ones.)

My options are to buy new pants (which they will wear for about a month before their uniform changes from jeans and hoodies to basketball shorts and t-shirts), or to just pretend I can't see the holes until it shorts-time.

I'm leaning toward the latter.

This whole attitude is what I mean by holes in my brain-pants.

I'm just done. With. Everything.

I have reached that point where something has to give soon because I'm half-passed thread-bare. There has been too much work, church stuff, sickness, messes, school crap and cold. I have reached the limit.

My friends think I've become a hermit. My kids are tip-toeing around me. My husband sent me flowers in an attempt to cheer me up.

I'm ready for a good spring clean and fixer-up. I'm not talking about patching the holes.

I'm talking about throwing out the brain-pants for a brand new pair of Capris. Or maybe some Nike cycling shorts.

Bring on the flippin' sun already!!!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

I was wondering what happened to you! I too have had the same dilemma with Garrett's pants. I decided to buy one pair to wear on "special occasions" and let the holes be worn because I have ceased caring. And I'm cheap-I just can't justify buying 5 new pairs of pants to wear for 2 months when you know darn well they'll be grown out of by the time fall comes! I feel your pain. Hang in there...the sun will shine!

Unknown said...

I started going to tanning beds a month ago.
Just for the sanity.
I think it helps.
Sam thinks I am paying for skin cancer.
It's cheaper than therapy.

Unknown said...

Plus, I can go without pantyhose.
Win/Win.

Robyn said...

Buy the iron on jean knee patches from Wal-Mart for under $2.00 you can save a pair of jeans and if you cut the iron on patches in half and then put them on they can fix 2 pairs of pants. The kids won't have holes anymore and you can save your dollars in your wallet.

Lewis Fam said...

Or the baby that is in my stomach that is all ready 14 freakin pounds!!!!!!

April Showers said...

Hmmm, maybe I should be a better Visiting Teacher and find out this kind of stuff? Love ya!

Rachelle said...

Holes in my brain pants. . . .yes I like that explanation!