Wednesday, January 20, 2010

MAJOR Disappointment

I knew that 8 pounds in 2 weeks was too good to be true.

I KNEW that, but I'd been working so hard that I believed it anyway.

Chalk it up to the $39.99 stupid scale from WalMart.

Yesterday morning, I stepped on the scale and found myself UP 5 pounds from the day before. I got in the shower in shock-- trying to figure out what the heck I ate the day before that was the equivalent of the 15,000 calories it would take to gain that much weight. While I'm wallowing in my despair, Layne comes in, gets on the scale and I hear, "What the heck?"

Happened to him to.

The good news is that I had not gained 5 pounds in one day. The bad news is that I had not lost 8 pounds either. More like 3. I don't know what caused the scale to fluctuate like that-- but I do have to give myself a little bit of credit for not just saying to heck with it and consoling myself with a hot fudge sundae.

Damn. I hate January.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that happened when i had my scale from walmart, i know it sounds weird but its true, every day it would be different, i learned that if i didn't move the scale even a cm than it wasn't to bad!


oh and skinny cow rocks they are awesome

Jamie said...

Hey, at least you're still down anything! And just so you know-Layne refused our offer of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to bring home the other night as to not tempt the two of you. I'm impressed!