Monday, January 04, 2010

Season Summary

It's all over.

I don't know how I feel about that. I usually love the holidays, but I had a pretty big roller coaster ride during this season and, even though there were some great highs, I find myself a little bit relieved to be on this side of the calendar. Between sick kids (including a visit to the emergency room), family "issues", and a general PMS mood on my part, I think that calling me the Grinch this year would not be a stretch. (I'm talking the Grinch BEFORE he met that annoyingly cute Cindy Loo.)

I've avoided posting about the holidays because, well, I wasn't quite sure I wanted to talk about any of it. I still don't, so I am offering a small picture summary of our holiday, then I am MOVING ON.



Below: Sledding at the cabin on Christmas Eve-- one of my favorite traditions. The mountains were cold, but beautiful.

Our family at Zoo Lights-- not to be sacrilegious or anything, but I think this is more fun than Temple Square.

Here's carolling on a blasted cold Christmas Eve. I thought this picture was kind of fun-- everything was in motion except for Emalee.

This is what Christmas morning looks like for 25 people at Layne's family's house.

Here are the kids at my mom's house-- they made puppets of themselves and put on a puppet show for my mom for Christmas.

This is New Year's Day. We went sledding at the cabin again and had a blast.

Here's Em after a "white wash" from Layne.

And in a nutshell, that's it. Lots of fun, busy stuff, too much food, and now it's onto a cold January...

No comments: