Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Namaste

I learned the coolest thing the other day.

In India, when they greet each other, they bow and say "Namaste". This means, "I bow to the divinity inherent within you."

How cool is that? What a great way to think of every person that you meet. Wouldn't that be the ultimate super-power-- to see the spark of divinity within each person and to be able to treat them accordingly?

Kind of gets you thinking, what traits have I and the people around me inherited from Heavenly Parents?

I know people who are compassionate, who bring out the best in others, who have faith to move mountains. I see sparks of divinity in my own children who are smart, kind and intuitive to the needs of others.

I see divinity inherent in my wonderful husband who I married 12 years ago today (Happy Anniversary, Honey!) He is strong, faithful, loyal, smart and very perceptive-- to name a few.

In short, I am surrounded by divinity-- thank you to all of you-- husband, children, parents, sisters, and friends-- and to each one of you, I bow and say

Namaste!

2 comments:

the weisenburger life said...

Kim,

I love this post. If you haven't read "My Grandfather's Blessings" by Rachel Naomi Remen you should get it. Lots of things like the meaning of namaste in it. She has an incredible perspective of life.

Rachelle said...

I love that greeting. Every new baby I brought home at some point in the first week I would just gaze and search to find "who they were" I always saw a glimpse. The same was true when I sat in the temple praying to know if I should marry my husband. Imagine if I put that much effort into seeing the divine in everyone I meet???