Friday, February 12, 2010

Not Fun.

I've been sick since I got back from St. George.

That little gift from the Universe settled itself into my lungs and refuses to leave. Either that or those disgusting green things from the Mucinex commercial have taken up residence.

Either way, not good.

Consequently, I haven't exercised for 11 days.

That's the longest I've gone without exercising since I had my gallbladder out over two years ago.

The psycho thing is that I have REALLY missed it and had to FORCE myself to stay off my bike. My mind knew that my body needed rest, but I felt that same weird compulsion that makes me eat a bag of peanut M&M's when I know they're not good for me too.

I stayed off until today, but this morning I could stand it no longer.

Guess what? It WASN'T fun.

Apparently, you can lose a lot of fitness in 2 weeks. Not to mention that all those green Mucinex guys in my lungs make it hard to breathe. 10 miles has never seemed so long.

What's worse is that afterward, I didn't have that cool endorphin high that I craved. My lungs were on fire and I felt like I'd been running.

RUNNING! I HATE RUNNING!

I hope that it doesn't take as long to get my fitness level back up as it did to get it there in the first place.

Any more workouts like this and I might have to just revert to my old couch potato ways...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It always stinks to get back into it. Always.
You can do it!
You are an athlete!
(Was that good motivation?)