Monday, August 03, 2009

Swine Volitation

I went on a bike ride early Saturday morning and this is what I saw:
Here is the close-up:
Yes, my friends, that IS a flying pig.

And that means that for some things I swore I would never do, I now have license.

For instance:

My grandma always kept her scriptures in a drawer in the bathroom-- right across from the toilet. I always found that offensive somehow-- perhaps even a little sacrilegious. One of the things I swore I'd never do.

However, with the event of flying pigs, I have moved my triple combination into my water closet (adding a little British lingo) and have had a few good moments with my scriptures. As with most things my grandma did, I am finding it a very efficient use of my time.

Also, since the swine volitation (don't you love that word? I'll link you to the definition, if you missed that day in English class) I have decided to try a few other things I had sworn not to do. Things like making peach cobbler for dinner and eating leftover pizza for breakfast. (That one is still yucky.)

Perhaps now that pigs are flying I will learn to like country music (I doubt it) or eat fish or plan a trip to China. These are all things I have shunned in the past, but you never know.

Perhaps a flying pig isn't enough to overcome some barriers.

Maybe I'll watch the weather forecast to see if hell is freezing over any time soon.

3 comments:

7packofbearss said...

I made peach cobbler for dinner once. Jared rolled his eyes and went to get pizza. I enjoyed the cobbler though.

R Fitz said...

I loved this post!

Lewis Fam said...

The scriptures next to the toilet get read:)