Thursday, August 13, 2009

This Bugs!

My boys came running in from their grandma's house yesterday and told me that they found something scary in the backyard. I ignored them for a few minutes, then I decided to follow them. This is what they found:
They were totally disgusted and I thought that my mother-in-law was going to puke. I picked it up to take its picture.
It reminded me of the good old days as a missionary in Brazil. I remember one night in a new apartment (that is a generous description-- it was more like a cement shack) when I awoke to a strange sound. I went to investigate (my first mistake) and found the source in the bathroom. I turned on the light (my second mistake) and the floor was moving. Hundreds of roaches about this size were crawling up from the shower drain and onto the bathroom tile. The strange sounding was the clicking of their grody little feet.

My options were either to scream or to go to bed and to pretend I didn't see any of it.

I chose number 2 and slept with my pillow over my head for the rest of my 3 month stay.

Good times...


2 comments:

7packofbearss said...

We've seen a few of those ugly small-dog-sized bugs. If you get them mad, they hiss. Boy do they make a mess to step on though.

Unknown said...

Sick.
You should call Hunt's pest control. Heh.