Thursday, November 05, 2009

Can't We All Just Get Along?

I never knew that it was going to be so hard to be a mom.

I suppose in a way, that is a tribute to my mother. She made it look easy and fun. She always wanted us around and was a good friend.

My mom raised 5 girls, plus some of our friends. That is amazing to me-- as being the mother to one girl is incredibly challenging for me.

We're dealing with mean girl issues right now. Now, I'll be the first to admit that my little angel may not be 100% innocent in this situation-- but according to her and her friends, they really aren't at fault here. Be that as it may, all of the girls are getting in trouble with the teacher and the administration.

I want to beat this little stinker. At very least, I want to call her mother. What do I do in a situation like this? Where is the manual for raising girls?

I told Emalee that the really sad thing is that it doesn't really get much better. As evidenced by my own little issues last week, even some grown-up girls can be mean.

I told her to do her best for a couple of days to ignore the little s$*#, and if this girl purposely tries to find her and her friends to give them problems, to let me know. I'll turn on the mama-bear mode and kick butt while takin' names.

Or maybe I should just go back to my plan from last week and move some place where no one knows us. Nothing like teaching your kids to run away from their problems...

No comments: