Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Wanted: Fashion Advice

So, as part of my going back to work experiment, I decided I had to buy some new clothes. We'll say that it's because all I owned was jeans and sweatshirts, but there might be something to the 8 pounds that have mysteriously stuck themselves to me over the last year or so.

For whatever reason, I have purchased the first pairs of dress pants I've owned in I don't know how long. Actually I do-- my daughter turns 10 next week, so I'd say it's been roughly a decade.

Anyhoo, I found these pants at Kohls that I love because they look good, they're comfortable, AND they come in TALLS. I bought black, brown and navy.

Herein lies my problem: I don't know what shoes to wear with the navy ones, as I definitely do not own a pair of navy shoes. (Once upon a time I did, but they disappeared sometime when I was on my mission. Go figure.)

I am such a fashion moron-- can anyone give me a clue here?

5 comments:

stevenfraser said...

Fashion Queen Not says.......
It totally depends on the shirt color!

Anonymous said...

mom says that is why she chooses to wear scrubs. that way I don't have to worry about fashion.

tiff said...

My sources tell me black, tan, camel, or OXBLOOD....what a cool sounding color.

If it were me, though, (and you may not want to dress like me) I'd wear shoes that made me feel cute. It's not always true, but sometimes when you just put the things you love together, they naturally look good and fit your style. Someone gave me that advice with furniture....but I think it works for clothes too. :)

Unknown said...

Why are you wearing slacks?
Ugh...I said "slacks." (shiver)

Lewis Fam said...

My favorite colors to wear together are black and brown so I am definitely not the one to ask.