Monday, November 09, 2009

Chocolate Review

For a long time, we all lived quite happily with plain old Hershey's Kisses and M&M's. Sure, there were the peanut variety (of M&M's, that is), but for the most part, that was it.

Then things got creative, and like any artistic endeavors, some of their creations were better than others.

For instance, today I got suckered into buying Irish Creme flavored Hershey's Kisses. Bad call on my part. They are horrible. As are the caramel ones, the orange creme ones, pumpkin spice, vanilla yogurt, and hot cocoa. As I have a general aversion to chocolate paired with any fruit, I'd have to say all of the fruity ones-- strawberry, raspberry and caramel apple are also disgusting.

The ones with almonds are good-- as are the mint ones and the white chocolate hugs and truffles. But all in all, I'll take the plain ones any day over all of these.

I think that M&M's have faired a little better with the experimentation. I love the almond ones. The peanut butter ones are pretty good and the Mint ones are one of the only reasons to look forward to the winter. The dark chocolate ones are also good. But, who in their right mind came up with those terrible peanut butter and jelly ones? THAT was a bad idea.

However, when it comes right down to it, I'd rather have a big ole bowl of regular old peanut M&Ms.

Maybe there is something to the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Who knows? Maybe they'll come up with something fantastic-- I'll probably keep trying them just to see. But please take my word and leave those Irish Creme ones on the shelf.

Grab the plain ones instead.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I dont know why I dont have your email address, but I found you a new hobby, you know, instead of sampling kisses.
http://www.flixxy.com/chinese-bicycle-acrobatics.htm

Jamie said...

Thank you! Now I won't waste my money or calories on yucky chocolate...I was wondering about some of those kisses. The caramel ones just don't quite match up to a rolo! I'm already on my 2nd bag of mint m&m's :). Yum!