Thursday, November 12, 2009

My New Favorite Toy

This is my new favorite toy. Well, actually it is Layne's toy, but it's still my favorite. It's a Kindle and it's the coolest thing ever.

This thing can hold like 1500 books. It weighs much less than a normal book. Some books on it are free and the rest cost like a third of normal. Those are all cool things, but there is one more feature that has earned it's status as New Favorite Toy. (Well, not to mention the fact that the old favorite toy, my iPhone, is on the fritz.) The Kindle reads to me.

Reading a book and feeling guilt because I should be folding the clothes? No problem-- Kindle reads to me WHILE I do my work-- right from the place I was reading.

Gave up reading while driving in college (I know, we're all grateful for that), but now I can just plug it into my car stereo and we all stay safe.

Riding on the trainer has been , well, less sucky for the past couple of days-- I actually finished before wanting to slit my wrists because it was 30 minutes of uninterrupted story.

Layne wants to go to bed and I don't want him to realize that I'm still reading? Plug in the earphones and listen in the dark.

I'm a third of the way through the second Mistborn book, written by Brandon Sanderson. Who happens to have the #1 New York Times best seller right now. And he and his family just moved into our ward. How cool is that?

The only really sad thing about this whole experience is that when Layne bought the Kindle (for him), he offered to buy one for me too at the same time. I thought it looked kind of stupid, so I told him not to bother.

Man, I'm an idiot.

So is he, I guess, because he knew better-- whenever he gets something cool (carbon bike, iPod, iPhone), he automatically orders two. Now he has to order another one. For him.

Thanks, Honey.

3 comments:

Bates Babe said...

I'm jealous Kim I want one.

Tina said...

OK, now I think I might actually have to get that, imagine me a reader! well a read-to-her! I could go for that! I think you mentioned it on the phone, but I didn't know what you were talking about...

Unknown said...

Are they waterproof?

I like to read in the tub. :)