Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Did You Ever Have That Dream?

Do you ever feel like you're living in a dream?

Not the really good kind where you wear a size 4 swimsuit and you live in a mansion.

I mean the kind of dream where you're back in high school and you can't remember your locker combination or if it's "A" day or "B" day.

Oh. And you forgot to wear pants.

I've been having that feeling for the last few days. The only reason I can figure out is that with the end of PTA and Tour de Donut, I have nothing to do.

I haven't had that luxury for a very long time. For well over a year, every time I've sat down, I've thought to myself, is it worth sitting down when I have ___________ and ____________ and ______________ that need to be done? That's actually the reason I ended up with a laptop computer-- so that I could sit in the family room with Layne and work on whatever project needed doing.

Now, I look at my calendar during the day and actually see white space and, quite surprisingly, I don't know what to do with it! I get in such a quagmire of indecision (should I read a book, clean something, call someone, work in the yard?) that I don't really do anything.

I go to bed wondering what the heck I did with my day?

I'm glad there's only one more month of summer vacation. I'm ready for something new to do. The danger is that I'll get so bored with all of this nothing, that I'll unlearn my "no!" word and start saying yes-- just to have something to do!

I'll never learn.

1 comment:

Lewis Fam said...

I always have the school dream. Sometimes pants sometimes not. But my biggest problem is yes the locker combo but mostly I can't remember my schedule and I don't know where my classes are.