Monday, July 06, 2009

We'll Be Popular

I've tried for almost 11 years to figure out how to put a jacuzzi tub into my master bathroom. I've finally decided that, barring a serious addition to the house, it's not going to happen.

Apparently, someone who lived in the house before me had figured that out too, and had a hot tub out on the covered patio. Unfortunately, they didn't leave the tub when they moved-- they just left a slight ring on the cement. Luckily for us, they also left it already hard wired.

Layne's never been too interested in having a hot tub-- treated water always made his legs itchy. In the last little while, though, that hasn't been a problem for him and after he spent some time in a hot tub on our Vegas trip, he started liking the idea of a spa as well.

He went through his whole stalking process. He researched them on the internet. We visited a showroom. He made a decision and within a week, we were the proud owners of a BullFrog.

Here's the paragraph in the brochure that convinced me:

Need More Friends- Just Add Water
Become the most popular house on the street by simply owning a Bullfrog Spa. Your house will become a favorite destination for your friends. It will be the place where your children and their friends want to hang out. With JetPaks, you can have a massage experience that is perfect for everyone. You don’t worry about planning something to do because your spa is a great place to socialize and is perfect for entertaining.

You mean that something might actually rival the Wii for my kids' attention?

We had our Cul de Sac of Fire on the day it came, before it was wired and filled. The kids had a great time playing in it.



On Saturday, our friend Adam came and wired it for us. I was as bad as the kids, standing around waiting for it to get filled. Finally, it was ready.

You should see it at night. It has colored LED lights and the water glows. The stereo is being installed sometime this week-- our patio is going to rock!

I don't know about the popular part-- but I know that we've pretty much added another room onto our house. We've spent more time on the porch in the last week than we have in the last 5 years.

Who needs to be a cheerleader to be popular? Just buy a hot tub.

5 comments:

Tina said...

I'll be the first to claim to be your friend! jk fun for you.

Unknown said...

I have our towels packed in the van...we are waiting for your call...

Jamie said...

You know I'm in. However, you didn't need a hot tub to be popular OR to lure me to your home. Your sweet little (BIG) personality is enough :) Happy dipping!

Anonymous said...

My husband and I have wanted a hot tub since we were out on our own hope when we get one we get one this good!!!!!

That is way to much fun

R Fitz said...

Sounds like the ad was for real! There is something just down right fun about playing in a hot tub in your own back yard! I give you 5 years till they are digging out a pool for you! :P Hope you have a lot of safe and fun times with it!