Monday, December 15, 2008

2 Weeks Off The D.C.!

I've hit my 2 weeks of caffeine freedom today. This is the longest I've gone without a drop in I don't know how long.

I've "quit" a couple of times before. In the last year, as a matter of fact, but it was a half-hearted effort. It was more like I quit drinking it at home, because I would still drink it when I was out. I never really got off it that way, as you can imagine, and it was pretty easy to slip back into old habits.

Seriously, I've not had a drop for 2 weeks. I've lusted after it, but my self control amazingly has held out. Weird enough, I can't seem to sleep. I know, it's supposed to have the opposite effect, but my body never reacts normally to drugs.

So, like the drug addict I am, I'm counting the clean days and hoping to stick it out. . .

1 comment:

7packofbearss said...

I know this sounds strange, you know fight one addiction with another, but sometimes you have to retrain your body to sleep again. Try taking just 1 benadryl before bed for a night or two. Once your body remembers sleep it will do it on its own. (By the way a doctor actually told me to do this I am not just making it up.)