Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Annual Pilgrimage

Last night we made our annual trek to Temple Square to see the lights and displays. We had to guilt my mom and dad into going, but of course it wouldn't be the same without them. Two of my sisters buggered out (you know who you are), but the rest of us had a very nice time.

I didn't take my super-cool camera (wish I would have.) And, I was a total dork mother and forgot the bag of hats, gloves and scarves I had so carefully prepared. Luckily, it wasn't too cold, so no one lost any digits to frostbite.

Here are a few of the snapshots I got with my point-n-shoot:

Always have to watch the nativity scene...

Dad, Emalee and my beautiful mother.

Layne, Doug and Mike. Layne was trying to smile, but he was having an "I hate people" moment. Besides the traffic and no parking problems of downtown, there were a few Young Men/Women groups at Temple Square who kept stopping and blocking up the whole sidewalk. Clueless.


This was a pretty good shot, but could have been really cool with my Nikon.



My parents and family. I swear, my kids are going to think I never went anywhere with them because I am never in the pictures.

The camera doesn't do justice to this picture. The full moon was shining between the lit branches of this tree-- it was fantastic. You'll have to trust me on that one, 'cause this shot kind of stinks.
I love this reflecting pool with the nativity in the middle. Last night was the first time we've been up there for years when someone wasn't getting proposed to right there. Almost as public and embarrassing as the billboard at the Jazz game.

Reflecting pool again...
I remember going to Temple Square with my family as a kid. There was always more snow and we wore our sexy moon boots. Seems like there were more lights back then...
Definitely feels like Christmas now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kudos to your point and shoot, I think these shots are fabulous!

Jamie said...

Beautiful pictures! I love the annual trek too...good traditions to have!

tiff said...

I hope it was okay...I squelched over from Jamie's blog....

Your pics are beautiful.

What, did Layne propose to you over a billboard?