Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Where the heck are the deals?

I keep hearing on the news that the stores are in trouble and that they are slashing prices in order to get people to buy stuff.

I keep going to the stores in search of said deals, but I haven't found anything news worthy. Well, except for a coat for Em that was on clearance for $11.74, but that's about it.

That means one of three things:

1. Trickery. The stores are just claiming to have great deals in order to get my moolah. Wouldn't put it past them.

2. I don't know how to shop. Can't be that. If you knew my mother, you'd know that I was taught from an early age how to be a bargain shopper. I think I've said this before-- in my family, if the gift you get someone was a great deal, a big part of the present is to tell them how much you paid for said present. We like the bargain part as well as the gift itself.

3. I'm too good of a shopper. I'm already so good at finding deals that it just seems normal out there to me.

I don't know which one of these things it is, but I know I'm not impressed. I hope that I'm just about done. So does Layne.

1 comment:

7packofbearss said...

Here, Here! I haven't seen many deals either. The ones I have seen make me mad because I already thought I found a "deal" on that item and bought it before. RATS!!!

--Tell Layne thanks....he is a life saver!