Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday Observations

1. I'm getting a kick out of Mike's version of "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas." He thinks he's singing the right words, but here's what he's actually singing:

"Have a holly-jolly Christmas...

Yo-ho, the mistletoe (it's the pirate version, I guess)

Helping you and me

Somebody waits by it,

Hoping it is me."



Might be the only way the poor little guy's gonna get smooched.



2. Zoo lights. We had a blast Thursday night at the zoo, but when I got thinking about it, I think that we actually only saw 3 or 4 animals. Seriously, where were the penguins? You'd think they'd be loving this weather!



3. Snow. Snow. More snow. Layne cancelled clinic this afternoon (didn't want all of the old folks driving in the storm) so he came home early and we shoveled snow. For 3 hours. I haven't had such a good workout in I don't know how long. Everything hurts. Good point is that my new coat and boots were AWESOME.



4. I made my kids work pretty much all day long cleaning out the toy room and their bedrooms. We essentially spent the better part of a day finding stuff they could get rid of to make room for more stuff. Something's fishy here. . . Spoiled little boogers.



5. Alvin and the Chipmunks. I used to watch them when I was little (who can forget "Christmas, Christmas time is here. . ."?) I found the Chipmunks Christmas video the other day at the store. My kids love it. They also love How the Grinch Stole Christmas and the old versions of Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman. All of those shows are as old as the hills. Still good stuff for kids, though. (And still pretty annoying to parents, which I never realized until I was one.)

I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Are you telling me you haven't downloaded "I'm not just a misfit. I'm not just a nitwit" to your ipod? I don't even know if those are the actual words to the song on Rudolph because I can't stand to listen to the whole thing. But hey, it's all in the name of Christmas fun! I love your hat by the way!!!