Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Top 10 of 2008

It's hard to remember a whole week, let alone a year, but here are the moments that stand out the most from this past year, in whatever order they occur to my brain:

10. Eating at La Caille on our 10th anniversary. Layne took me there the night that we got engaged. I was such an uncouth redneck that I didn't know that steak tartar was raw meat. I ordered it for an appetizer because whatever it was, it had to be better than the snails that Layne was eating. This time, I knew to order their French Onion Soup and Filet Mignon. I love their chocolate-dipped strawberries that look like they are wearing tuxedos!

9. 6 days in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Not a place I ever would have chosen to go on my own, but a free trip is a free trip! And, as it turns out, it is a beautiful city.

8. Yellowstone in the fall. We spent a few days in October with my parents and some of my sisters and their families. Seeing the bear next to the road was awesome. Finishing the ride from Old Faithful to West Yellowstone was even awesome-er. (My blog, I'll make up words if I want :-)

7. Disneyland with our friends. After a few times, we've got the 5 day Disneyland trip down to a science. We know where to stay, how to do it cheapest, what rides to hit first and where to eat. (Tortilla Jo's. Guacamole. Gooooood stuff.) This time, we went with friends who have kids the same age as ours and had another great trip.

6. Finishing my first century (100 mile) ride in June. You'll notice I said "finishing", not "riding". That part almost killed me. Layne just finished signing us up for it again. I had to go change my pants, as it scared the crap right out of me.

5. Realizing that I actually achieved 4 of the 5 New Year's Resolutions that I made last year. The fifth one (lose 20 pounds) I think that I actually achieved as well, as I gained, then lost, then gained, then lost the same 3 pounds over and over during the year. Thinking that way, I actually exceeded my goal, I'm sure. I never said that I couldn't gain them back as I went!

4. Mesquite / St. George trip in the spring. It was awesome to go see our friends who moved to Hurricane last year. Miss you, Gina!

3. Riding the Salt Lake Marathon bike race in April. This one WAS a blast to ride. Only 26 miles on closed roads in Salt Lake City. Anyone want to join me this year?

2. President Hinckley's funeral. Not a fun moment, but a very spiritually satisfying one for me.

1. Walking into my new kitchen with everything exactly as I wanted it! I still like scrubbing the sink and mopping the floor.

Happy New Year!!!

No comments: