Thursday, March 26, 2009

Moron Of The Day Award

If there were an award for Moron of the Day, it would be mine, hands down today. Typically, I am more than happy to point out when that award should go to others. (i.e. the old guy who almost hit me the other day.) In the interest of fairness, I'll give it to myself today. I deserve it.

I may have bitten off more than I can chew this month. I won't bore you with all of the crap I'm doing, as I'm sure that you are all shoveling loads of your own. Let's just say I've got more shovels than hands and it's not going well.

Today was a PTA council awards luncheon. We nominated a teacher and a volunteer to get a nice plaque. I got the names and bios turned in. Got the principal invited and a substitute for the teacher's class. Lunch starts at 11:30. At 10:15, I realize that I FORGOT TO INVITE THE GUEST OF HONOR.

She, of course, was at the school helping the teachers and was gracious enough to drop everything and come.

I dropped the ball.

Then I did it again.

At 3:50, I start wondering why Em and Mike aren't home from school?
Crap.
Michael.
Emalee had achievement days today and I was supposed to pick him up. The worst thing is that he tried to call me. I was tired of talking on the phone and didn't recognize the number, so I didn't answer.

I picked up the poor little dude. He was just sitting there in the wind, looking at his Star Wars book.

Yep. I graciously accept this award. Now that I am officially in the Moron Club, I'll try to be a little more tolerant of my fellow morons in the future. Or not. I am a moron, after all.

1 comment:

R Fitz said...

Don't be too hard on yourself...we all have those days!