Monday, March 09, 2009

Now Hiring Guys Named Doug

There are funny signs like this all up and down I-15. This one is right across from one that says "We have too many Mikes." I've been trying to get a picture of it too, but I haven't captured it yet. (Yes, I did take this one WHILE I was driving.) They are particularly funny to me, as I have sons named both Doug and Mike.



I posted this one today, though, because Doug really is an awesome little kid. I took him to the doctor the other day to get his kindergarten check up and 4 shots. Ouch! While we were waiting for his turn, about every 5 minutes, some kid would start screaming bloody murder. Doug started to look scared.



He went through all of the check-up stuff and then came the dreaded shot time. He was so awesome. He layed there on the table, somewhat offended that he had to pull his pants down and the nurses could see his Power Ranger Underoos. They pulled out the needles and waited for him to scream, but he didn't-- they were amazed.



They did the first two shots and he said "OUCH" and gave them a dirty look. They told him that he was the bravest kid all day. Of course he had to tough it out after that, so they gave him two more and he didn't make a peep. They said he was the coolest kid they'd ever seen.



I was so dang proud! (Especially considering that when I took Emalee in for her shots at that age, she wrapped herself around the legs of the exam table and started yelling, "Grandma, SAVE ME!!!" It took 3 nurses and me to hold her still for her shots.)



I told Doug he could have a reward-- what did he want? A nice hot, steamy bath.



No wonder Omniture is hiring guys named Doug. Everyone should.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, Doug is one of my favorites too. My Doug and yours are two of my favorite guys. Love you all.....Mom

R Fitz said...

That's a cute story! Recently I got the fun of a tetanus shot and got reminded just how fun they are...all the kids were screaming there too...the little old lady sitting next to me asked me if I was still scared of shots...I am guessing my expression gave it away...long story short...the shot hurt a little, but for about 2 weeks after I was in a great deal of pain in my arm, neck, shoulder and down my side all from the shot. It was a great reminder that when a kid complains later about them I need to be a bit more sympathetic. I would have to say your little Doug is much braver than me!

Lewis Fam said...

i love your blog I actually think it is my favorite. I always laugh and I needed that at the moment.