Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Waking Up

As stupid and cliche' as it sounds, I feel like I am finally waking up after this long winter. I've been on 3 good rides in the last 5 days. My legs feel tight, my face has a flushed, slightly sunburned feel and there is a perpetual smile on my face. Goodbye winter. Goodbye depression.

I know-- next week is supposed to be cold. I can accept that. I've had a few really good days to get me through it.

I've seen funny things as I've been out riding. 2 dead road kill skunks-- was it a suicide pact? A dead horse on the side of the road-- okay-- not funny. A little black calf running on the parkway trail just like a dog. Lots of pasty, tubby people in spandex riding bikes with great big grins on their faces. Man, we're a goofy looking lot.

I love spring. . .

No comments: