Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sunshine Fix

I've been feeling down for days and days. By down, I mean down-right pissed off and grouchy. I couldn't figure out what the problem was-- timing's wrong for PMS and there were no other peripheral reasons that I could establish. Seriously-- I didn't want to leave my Lazy-Boy today.

Somehow, I talked myself out of the house and onto my bike. It took me until 1:30 to get myself out. However, once I finally got out and going, I miraculously started feeling better. I actually came home with a smile on my face.

I think that I just needed a fix. Some sunshine, wind in my face, a little speed-- I think it does the same thing for me as a hit of meth does for a junkie. I don't get the same buzz riding the trainer inside-- and that's all I've been doing for over a week-- and for months before then.

Winter and I are in a duel to the death, I'm afraid. Spring's got to get here soon or I may rot in my beloved chair. Either that or move to San Diego. . .

1 comment:

R Fitz said...

I understand the sunshine fix...I think that's why my blog has been so down lately. Hurry Spring! Maybe, if we all gang up against it...