Monday, March 02, 2009

A Tune-Up

Saturday was perfect riding weather. The only problem (and a major one at that), was that I had obligations all day and was unable to take advantage of said weather. They were great obligations-- a baptism for a nephew and a birthday celebration for my son, but I was still tempted to blow them off and ride.

Partly to avoid temptation and partly because my bike needed it, I removed temptation altogether and took my bike to the shop for a tune up.

You should see it now. It needed a new chain (and don't think that I don't feel cool for riding my bike so much in the last year that I WORE OUT a chain!) and a good cleaning. It got new cables and brake pads. My bike looks and rides like new.

Got me thinking. Where can I go to get a tune-up? I want to go somewhere and spend $150 and come out like new. I would like new hair, new make up, the broken parts replaced or fixed, and everything bright and shiny. Anybody got that phone number?

2 comments:

7packofbearss said...

I can take care of the hair but you are on your own for the rest.

R Fitz said...

If anyone has that number will you please share it with me also?!?!?