Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Holy Crap, it's 200!

I realized yesterday that this post is my 200th blog post.

In celebration, I went back and read a few of my posts from the past year or so.

I wrote a lot of things that I don't remember writing.

Some stuff I'm kind of embarrassed about. (Pretty much anything that rhymes, but the part of me that comes from my Grandma Call just has to do it. Except for the Santa's Makeover poem-- that was good work. :-)

Most of it is trivial, and some of it should be censored-- especially since I know that my mom and my grandma read my blog. (Hi Mom and Grandma!)

I wish, though, that my mom had a blog from when she was in my stage of life so that maybe I could see that she wasn't as perfect as I remember her being and I could really compare apples to apples.

I'm sure that I'm in no danger of being thought perfect by my own children. However, maybe they will see a side of me that they don't remember seeing. (Hopefully, they won't remember the side that occasionally says bad words.)

By the way-- in celebration of my momentous occasion, (and I'm totally copying my Aunt Karla here), I will put everyone who comments on this post by Thursday night in a drawing for a prize of your choice. (You can choose from a Paradise Bakery gift card, or I will take you to lunch, or I will watch your kids while you do whatever you want for a couple of hours.)

Thanks for reading!

11 comments:

J & L Bennett Family said...

Ooohhh! I want in on the prize--especially if I could spend time over lunch with my darling niece. Your mom was pretty perfect wasn't she? I know you're not far behind her. We just tend to be harsh judges on ourselves. I have enjoyed your blogs. Hopefully, I'll see you soon!!!

Corn Tales said...

Hey Kim, I absolutly love your blogs, you are an inspiration to all of us. Maybe someday I'll actually get a blog started instead of just reading everyone else's blogs. Anyway, thanks for being such an awesome friend and Yoda. Have a wonderful day. Joy

the weisenburger life said...

200 is a big number! Congratulations! Please don't censor your blogs :o) You are awesome at showing a balance of who you are and I love it!

7packofbearss said...

Pick me! Pick me! Let's do lunch, even if I don't win.

Crafty Patterson Mom said...

You could always read mom's journal. Maybe we should type it up like Grandma Hunt's.

R Fitz said...

Hmmm...I think I better check how many posts I've done...I think I like these little contests! And I agree with everyone else, don't start censoring...it's your blog and a look at you that should be honest for the sake of your kids later reading it...hmmm...guess that means I should censor mine more! But honestly Kim, your blog is a highlight in my day...and I know that it is one of Grandma's favorites too!

Bates Babe said...

So Kim how do you pick the winner? Do you pick your favorite person, cause that's me right??

Jamie said...

Wow! 200 is quite the milestone and hasn't it been fun! I've enjoyed reading all your "10 Reasons", poems, and your witty sarcasm always makes me chuckle. So keep writing-not for you, but for US! I love the new blog look!

Anonymous said...

Kim, Mom here. Maybe I will let you read my journals someday and you will see that I am definitely not perfect!!! But I have been blessed with almost perfect daughters, except maybe for the occasional bad words. Love ya, Mom

April Showers said...

I love reading your blog. I get to see a side of you that I don't see at church, and I LOVE it! Thanks for posting so often, it gives me a fun break from work...

April

Unknown said...

Aww crap. I missed this one. We should do lunch anyway.
Or go jogging, cause I don't bike.