Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Pink

I have a sister with beautiful auburn hair. She was born with it. When we were little, my mom always used to dress her in blue and me in pink, because she thought the pink wouldn't look good with red hair. (I actually think that my sister looks gorgeous in pink-- kind of like a red and pink valentine :-)

Anyway, I wanted blue. Consequently, I grew up not liking pink. Pink also didn't fit into my Tomboy scheme. In the old days, (when I was young), there were no cute pink softball gloves, soccer balls, or basketballs like there are now. In fact, I remember my first year of Little League, I was the ONLY girl in the whole league.

No pink there.

When I was in college, I hit the "Grunge" stage where everything was forest green and navy blue plaid.

When I got married, everything turned neutral-- my closet was full of brown, tan, black and navy.

A couple of years ago, when I got into cycling, the bike that I found that best fit me and felt the best was, you got it, cotton candy pink.

This posed a little bit of a dilemma for me.

I haven't willingly had anything pink for a very long time. (You notice I say "willingly" and you'll also notice that the carpet in my living room is pink. I think you get my drift.)

I also loved the bike.

And just like that, pink became my favorite color.

Now, everything is pink. My flowers, my iPod, even my new blog look.

It's fun to have a favorite color, as I've never had one before. Makes it easy for my family to buy stuff.

Luckily, I look good in pink. (Good thing it wasn't yellow-- I look like death in yellow.)

And all because of a bike.

3 comments:

Tina said...

We are liking pink over here too!

Anonymous said...

you have always loved pink, you just didn't want to let me know. You know how kids are when it comes to admitting their mom is right. You have also always LOOKED pretty in pink. Mom always knows best!!! Love ya, Mom

7packofbearss said...

Pink, pink you stink! :) Just kidding. Since I had Liv, I have like pink a lot more too. Guess it takes associating it with something you love eh?