Thursday, June 04, 2009

Mom's Chore Chart

I decided last week that this summer was going to require a plan. I signed the kids up for swimming lessons and classes at the library. I made cute little chore charts that tell the kids every day what they are expected to do.

Layne laughed at me. He says he would have hated that when he was little. I guess my kids must take after me because they love checking off their lists. At least for this week, anyway.

I decided that I need my own chore list to get through the summer too. Here's what I think I should include:

*Get my butt out of bed by 8. Or 9.

*Try not to yell at the kids when they miss Shep poop on the lawn and I hit it with the mower. Or when they leave their cereal bowls in the sink and the Fruity Pebbles dry and stick. Or when they leave their wet towels and swimsuits in a pile on the floor. Again.

*Get some exercise everyday. More than carrying the laundry upstairs and sweeping the floor. Although those items should probably be on the list too, as I tend to put them both off for too long.

*Feed the kids more than cereal and Otter Pops. Try to get them to eat at least one fruit or vegetable in a day. Ok. Maybe in a week?

*Shower and get dressed in real clothes everyday. Try not to wear a ponytail EVERY day. Sunday is a SPECIAL day, after all.

*Try not to kill all of the stuff I spent so much money and time planting in the flower and vegetable garden.

Yep.

I think it should be a good summer.

1 comment:

R Fitz said...

I think I need to take some time and create a chore chart too...I like yours...what's on the kids' charts?