Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pizza With the Martians

Emalee is at Day Camp today, so I am sitting here outnumbered with Layne and my boys.

I just watched the three of them inhale 2 Little Caesar's pepperoni pizzas (minus the piece that I gagged down.) They are watching their favorite t.v. show "Wipe Out" on ABC. Have you seen this?

My boys (all three) love this show. It is a bunch of morons who try to cross obstacles with names like, "Banana Hammock", "Plank in the Face" and "Big Balls." Two guys are the moderators and they pretty much just make fun of the contestants. 24 people start-- one wins $50,000.

Not worth it.

What I'm wondering is why there is such a gap between what entertains me and what entertains them. As it equally entertains both father and sons, I can't pin it on age. I'm going to have to go with the Martian Men / Venetian Women theory.

If that is the case, every movie on Mars is probably made by Adam Sandler, the Farley Brothers or the guys who made Strange Brew. Cheap pizza and sugared soda are probably the standard fare. If my boys' room is any indication, it probably smells funky there too. (You know the smell I mean-- no matter how hard you look, you can't find the source and nothing seems to get rid of it!) Everyone there probably wears basketball shorts and t-shirts with sayings like "I'm with stupid" on them.

I'm sure they think that Venus is just as bad. Only chocolate, salad and diet coke to eat/drink. You'd get a headache from all of the perfume, candles, scented bath oil, etc... everywhere. All movies would be romantic in some way, and there would definitely be a lot of shoes.

Good think we've got Earth here for us to meet in the middle. And good thing that I have a laptop so I don't have to watch their dumb show...

5 comments:

R Fitz said...

I agree with your theory!

Bates Babe said...

I agree, even dad was watching it the other day.

7packofbearss said...

I've lived with boys too long. Wipe Out kind of makes me laugh. I doubt I would watch it by choice but I don't find it as annoying as "Deadliest Catch" or "Orange County Choppers" or that weird car auction thing. Those could be considered torture.

the weisenburger life said...

Mark had recorded part of that Wipe Out because it was so funny for my viewing pleasure last night. You have to know that Mark laughs out loud at the tv all the time, so I can't imagine how hard he was laughing to record it. Anyway, I felt sad for the lady. You couldn't pay me $50,000 to go on national tv and be mocked by the hosts and the rest of America. Not that desperate! Mark was actually hurt that I didn't think it was funny :o)

Jamie said...

I wouldn't mind visiting Venus once in awhile - sounds great to me!