Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Another Reason It Might Be Better To Be A Man

I'm in a crazy place right now-- hence the lack of good new blog posts. Between my normal mom stuff (basketball, swimming, piano, PTA, homework, house-- you know the drill), Relief Society, and trying to fill in at work (hooray-- our new staff starts tomorrow!), I've been running.

I've been doing all right with it, I thought, except that I find myself getting a little emotional and ragged come evening.

Take last night.

I found out that one of the sisters in our ward is upset with me for something that she thinks that I did. It's not really a big deal-- in trying to help someone else, I unknowingly stepped on her toes.

When I got home from a meeting and started talking to Layne, I fell apart. I told him that I wanted to move somewhere that no one knew me. He said no-- he's never moving. I told him that I was just going to quit going to church. I wanted to be THAT family. You know the one that is active then suddenly stops coming to church and no one ever really knows why?

He laughed at that too. I told him my sad tale and he just looked at me like,

"You've got to be kidding me."

He absolutely could not understand why I would give a rat's arse whether someone I don't know very well likes me or not-- let alone why it CRUSHED my feelings.

It was so easy in my tired state to revert to my junior high self and let all of that self-pity, jealously, resentment and illogical assumptions take over. All the while, Layne is sitting there, trying to be supportive, but really just thinking,

"Who is this bag-of-crazy and what has she done with my wife?"

I went to sleep and woke up feeling much better and laughed at myself for being such a nut-job. It got me thinking, though, how much easier it would be to be a man and have my major problem in life be that I was horny all of the time.

If women are from Venus and all of that, I'm thinking that Mars might be an easier place to live.

They sure as heck wouldn't need as much Kleenex there...

1 comment:

tiff said...

As someone who remains in awe of your amazing powers, I'm so sorry someone made you feel that way.

It's nice to read that I'm not the only person active in the church who's contemplated sudden inactivity..... :)