Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What a Relief!

For the first time in many moons, I put my bike on the trainer. (a.k.a. torture device.) I got things all set up and then spent a very long 30 minutes sweating and pedaling my guts out.

(Why is it that 30 minutes on my bike outside seems like nothing, but inside it's an eternity?)

Anyway, as I came to the end of my 10 miles, I noticed myself counting along with the mile counter.

9.75

9.8

9.95

9.96

9.97

9.9

And then, finally, RELIEF. I was so happy to see that 10.0 flash on the screen.

It got me thinking about other things that give me such great feelings of relief. Here's a random list:

*Making it to the bathroom-- just in time.
*When you think that you've overslept, panic, then see that you still have a couple of hours left to sleep.
*Taking off uncomfortable shoes or tight jeans after long day.
*Realizing that you still have money left in your account after all of the bills are paid.
*Thinking that you've run out of Diet Coke and then finding one in the back of the fridge.
*When the car inspection guy comes out and tells you that you don't need to have anything done to pass inspection.
*Same with the dentist.
*When the laundry is washed, folded and put away before the boys can get it and have a clothes-war.
*Getting in bed after a hectic day and realizing that everything got done.
*When your medicine kicks in to take the edge off of a killer migraine.
*When you find your child in the next aisle at Walmart-- just as you were ready to call for a Code Adam.

Anyone else want to add to my list? Or are you just RELIEVED that my post is over? :-)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

NEVER! I want your posts to go on and on. They provide such entertainment. Go on...

Rachelle said...

I love your posts too! So relate to most of your items (well all except the diet Coke). Any exercise outdoors always beats the indoor variety.