Friday, October 02, 2009

GC Weekend

Short post today, as I am at work and there are a ton of things that I should be doing.

I've been trying to figure out how to make General Conference special for my kids-- as I kind of remember dreading it when I was little.

Here's my plan:

I'm letting them build a tent out of blankets (with the door facing the t.v. :-) like in the Book of Mormon. I let them each pick out one bag of whatever treat they wanted. (Em picked out Dove chocolate-- that's my girl. Mike picked out a big box of Mike & Ike's- more because they have the same name as him than because they are good. Because they are not. Doug picked out one of those Costco sized bags of Skittles. Go Doug!)

I printed out the packet from here http://deseretbook.com/misc/Conference_Packet09.pdf and I'm going to give them each a new box of crayons to use. The packet has bingo, finger puppets, graphs, etc.

That should last me through the first talk.

What do I do for the next 7 1/2 hours?

1 comment:

Tina said...

but Mike and Ikes are my fav!! great idea. think I'll copy you.
thanks!