Friday, October 02, 2009

Need a Job?

Due to some strange and funny circumstances, we are looking to hire a part time front office person.

I hate hiring people-- it's such a crap shoot.

Not to mention that I hate doing the interviews.

"So. Tell me about yourself."

Yuck.

It's not going well.

The girl yesterday was about 13 years old and had so much perfume on that, not only did it give me a migraine, but it left our office smelling like teen spirit for hours.

No thanks.

How about I hire this girl? This is what she put on her resume under Honors and Awards:
*Homecoming Court (12th grade)
*Prom Princess (11th grade)
*Stake President's Honors Award
*Most Friendly Girl Award
*State Champions Cheer Squad (9th grade)

Hey, Guys! Hire me! I'm your prom queen!

Seriously.

The scary thing is this: We are working with a human resource agency- all of the resumes went to them. They've had over 50 people apply and they sent me the 6 that they thought were the best.

Prom Queen was one of them.

No wonder the unemployment rate is so high...

1 comment:

7packofbearss said...

Prom Queens deserve a chance. They are people too!