Friday, February 27, 2009

Spoiled Rotten.. and Pink

This was the week. The one where it is actually warm enough to brave the weather and get back out on my bike. (58 miles worth) Hooray for me!


This also inspires trips to the Trek AF store, and a considerable dent on my Discover card. I bought a new seat last week and got awesome new cycling shoes for Layne.


Here is my latest acquisition I bought only today:


These are the limited Giro Grand Tour Edition sunglasses. I didn't buy them because they have Zeiss lenses, which are the best you can get. I didn't buy them because they are dirt and fingerprint repellant. I didn't buy them because they are made to fit perfectly with my Giro bike helmet. I didn't even buy them because their design has no mid-line and increases field of vision by 60%.


I bought them because they are pink and they match my bike. (See picture below.)

I already have really nice Smith cycling glasses that I liked perfectly well. However, find me something pink, and I've got to have it.

I expected Layne to say no. Well, not really. He never says no. However, he actually insisted that I get them. I think he feels guilt for using most of the money his parents gave us for Christmas to get his eyes lasered. I keep telling him that was for me too (as I like to see his eyes without glasses), but his sense of fairness means that I keep getting cool stuff. Like new sunglasses and trips to Rome.

See what I mean? Spoiled rotten.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You're right...spoiled rotten, however I dig the bike and the glass. I didn't know you were such a fan of pink.