Wednesday, May 27, 2009

10 Reasons I'm Terrified of the Start of Summer Vacation

10. Wet, near moldy swimsuits and towels all over the place. All of the time. (Compare this to the wet mittens, hats, and coats I complained about 6 months ago.)

9. Stinky sandals. Need I say more?

8. Popsicle sticks. Everywhere.

7. Friend of number 8-- Otter Pop wrappers. Under all of the popsicle sticks.

6. Cleaning up breakfast 5 times, because everyone wakes up at a different time and no one can seem to get their bowl to the dishwasher.

5. Bugs in jars and in pockets. At least we don't have frogs like my sister in Saratoga Springs.

4. The dreaded "Mom I'm" phrases all day long. You know the ones-- "Mom, I'm hungry." "Mom, I'm bored." Now if it sounded like this, "Mom, I'm finished scrubbing the whole house and I'm going out to weed the garden,", I might like it more. (Side note: a friend of mine said that she gets so sick of hearing "Mooooooooooooommmmmmmm", that every once in a while, she tells them she's changed her name and will only respond if they can guess what it is-- kind of like Rumplestiltskin. Might have to try that one.)

3. Sponge Bob music. Maybe I can figure out how to block Nickelodeon from the tv?

2. Fixing lunch for everyone. Why don't they keep school lunch all year and the kids could have somewhere to go for an hour a day?

1. The first three weeks of trying to adjust to kids who think that they need entertained every minute. Hopefully they get through that quicker than last year.

Just when we get a system down, it will be time to go back to school again...

3 comments:

R Fitz said...

Sounds like it will be a blast at your house! I'll know where to send Taylor and Kaylee when they get tired of me...because by then you will have all the ideas to keep them entertained.

Tina said...

DITTO!!!!!!! There are so many reasons to love being done with the school thing (may have to blog about it), but oh how scared am I for all of the above with a newborn! Can my kids come to your house! :)

Jamie said...

With that whole "newborn" thing, Tina might have one up on ya! But I still for you - send them over to my house when they start to drive you nuts...I'm already there so it won't matter :).