Friday, May 29, 2009

A Free Woman!

I'm done with my year as the PTA Chief--
The arrival of June has come as a relief.
No more board meetings where everyone's bored.
No more fundraisers or luncheons galore.

I'm done with newsletters and contests and fluff,
I'm done with reports and all of that stuff.
I've cleaned out the closet and thrown out the crap--
I've left some instructions for next year's poor sap.

I do have to say it's been better than expected--
My marriage is in tact and my wits are collected,
But if someone dares ask if I want a second go,
I'll laugh in their face and answer Hell No!

3 comments:

7packofbearss said...

Such language!:)

R Fitz said...

Woo Hoo!!!! Congrats on the end of the school year and your "fun" job in the PTA!

the weisenburger life said...

I think that you need a little crown and a cupcake to celebrate ... Or maybe a bike ride would be better! Congratulations anyway!