Monday, May 04, 2009

Double Date

After a rainy, cold Saturday, Layne and I needed a pick-me-up. Late in the afternoon, we headed to my sister Nicole's house where we left all of our kids (all 8 of them!) with my other sister Colette and her husband Brady. (Yes, they are very nice and very brave.)

We actually went on a DATE.

Remember those? This wasn't our usual leave-the-kids-for-45-minutes-and-go-to-WalMart kind of date. We actually went to dinner and then bowling, if you can believe it.

I haven't been bowling for years.

I discovered that bowling follows my typical life pattern-- I'm either hot or cold, never lukewarm. (Somebody's gonna have to teach me what that "moderation" word means because I've never figured it out.)

I'm not kidding-- I either get strikes or 1's-- not much in between. (I am the world's most consistent 1-pin bowler.) Layne, of course, kicked my trash, as he does with everything. It's annoying to be married to someone who is better than you at everything.

The foursome next to us were obviously on dates-- one couple appeared to be just meeting each other. It was kind of funny to watch the awkward conversations and flirting going on. I don't miss that.

After bowling, we did end up at the grocery store for a bit (we are old married farts, of course.)

We'll have to try that date thing more often.

2 comments:

7packofbearss said...

We had fun. We should do it more often.

R Fitz said...

Sounds like a blast Glad that both you and Nicole got a good date in!