Monday, May 11, 2009

A Child's Prayer

Short post today to counter the long one yesterday.

After weeks of counting calories and exercising HARD, I thought I was making progress. However, after the weekend (even with or maybe because of the 42 mile ride) I found myself at the same weight I started at weeks ago. How the heck do you regain 7 lbs. in 2 days???

I know, I know-- water gain from the long ride and time in the sun, that time of the month, muscle gain, etc... I'm sure there are logical reasons but it still sucks.

Anyway, I was feeling blue about it this morning as I fed Doug breakfast. He said the prayer on his food and he said something that made me laugh. Instead of praying for the food to "nourish and strengthen our bodies" as usual, he instead said, "please bless the food to nourish and shrink our bodies."

A big AMEN to that.

2 comments:

R Fitz said...

Hmmm...Let us know if that prayer is answered in the way intended...I think I'll get my kids praying for it just in case too! Though yous child's prayer is probably more likely to be answered that way since you have been working REALLY hard on keeping to your end of the bargain!

Unknown said...

Weight issues are so frusterating. I fluctuate too, for no reason. When I *think* I am doing good, it seems like the scale doesn't agree.
Then I mentally beat myself up.
I probably need therapy.
And usually that comes in the form of a brownie.