Thursday, May 21, 2009

Kickin' Butt and Takin' Names

So, right after I blogged last night and finally pushed "send" on the email button, I started having mixed feelings.

I don't think that I have ever told someone off like that before. Granted, email is kind of a cowardly way to do it, but still--

Thing is, I actually stuck to my guns. I not only sent the email, but I also refused to go to the meeting that I was supposed to be hosting.

I got a response back later in the morning-- it made me laugh. It was full of things like "I assumed that you knew", "I assumed that you would have blah, blah, blah" The phrase "I assumed" was in there 6 times.

We all know what happens when you "assume" things.

Here's the funny part. I heard from someone who actually went today that during the meeting, the Dragonlady was very apologetic and said that she was sorry for stepping on people's toes, she didn't mean to come off bitchy in her email (her word, but I would agree), etc... She also said that next year, she will do better and have half as many meetings.

So, I guess that my ranting for once had the desired effect. We'll see next year if anything actually changes. Wait. Maybe not. Not my problem anymore. :-)

I also learned something myself. Sometimes when people come off as bullies, they really just have terrible people skills. Don't know that it makes it any better, but it definitely makes it less scary to call them out for their crap.

I also learned that I'm pretty good at kickin' butt and takin' names. Maybe I'll hire out. Anyone have anyone they'd like to sic me on?

1 comment:

R Fitz said...

LOL that is a loaded question! Nice update on the whole fun PTA stuff. You are right...I think more often than not it is a case of poor people skills and not a desire to be bitchy.