Friday, November 07, 2008

All that Jazz...

Layne and I ended up with Jazz tickets for Wednesday night's game against Portland. His dad gave us his tickets, which were much better seats than we ever would get on our own. I had a good time, but it had nothing to do with the fact that the Jazz won.

Going to events with thousands of other people is always a people-watching feast for me. You see, I'm the weirdo that watches all of the strange things that people do in groups, then I laugh at them and then write about it.

There was the girl in front of me who spent a good chunk of the game texting her friend who was also at the game. (Yes, I'm also the person who reads other people's texts if they are right in front of me. I need therapy.) What I'm wondering is why bother? You pay $112 to be at a game, then sit and type on your crackberry all night?

The other thing occupying this girl's time was keeping her boyfriend's hand off her booty. Don't know why he'd think that a ballgame was the right place for that.

Then there are the 3 buddies two rows in front of us who found a way around the two drink limit. They kept standing up and staying up from the start of the 3rd quarter. They were downright belligerent when the folks behind asked them to sit down. Every time the Jazz scored, the three of them would do a group hug. It's like the drunker they got, the more they thought they were part of the team. It was especially funny when Moron #3 dumped his beer all over the lady in front of him during one of the celebratory hugs. (Ok. Probably not so funny for her.)

Behind us was a guy who brought 4 noisy 9-10 year olds to the game. They seemed to have a great time, but the whole time I'm thinking, that's $500 bucks worth of tickets wasted on munchkins there. Some people have so much money it's incomprehensible to me.

The Jazz dancers are another source of entertainment for me, but mostly because I can't understand why grown women dress up in very tight costumes and gyrate to horrible music. Really? High school is OVER-- and it was stupid even then. (Says the debate nerd.)

Some friends of our call people who act strangely "woodwork" as in they just crawled out of it. I have to say, I'm starting to think that most of world (at least in downtown Salt Lake City) is made of wood...

1 comment:

Lewis Fam said...

Hey where have you been did you drowned in the swimming pool? How did the nose plugs work?