Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Political Limericks

Okay. So writing the limericks was harder than I expected. They stink, but here they are anyway.

There once was a man named Obama
Who had a penchant for drama.
In every exchange,
His mantra was CHANGE
And saving the country from trauma.

There once was a man named Barack
Who wanted us out of Iraq.
To great disbelief,
He's now Commander-In-Chief
And the Republican Party's in shock.

Sorry about the crappy poems. Blame it on my great-grandma who wrote much bad poetry and somehow figured out how to end every poem with the words "Love One Another." I can't help it.

I did find a cool website for the bad poet in all of us--http://www.rhymezone.com/ which is a rhyming dictionary for those times when you can't find that right sounding word. (I wouldn't have come up with Iraq on my own!)

I'll try to do better tomorrow...

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing your talents :)
Will we see you for lunch this afternoon?

7packofbearss said...

I was so impressed with the Barack and Iraq rhyme. I thought your rhyming skills had definitely surpassed the family legacy! Clever anyways:)