Monday, November 03, 2008

Voting to change voting

I'm tired of election stuff. I'm tired of the ads. I'm tired of the hype on the t.v., radio, internet and in the paper. It's to the point that I just don't care anymore either way, just please let it be done.


It's kind of getting to be like holiday commercialization-- one's not even over before the other one begins. I swear, I'm starting to want to vote just for the guy who's ticked me off the least...


Maybe we should try a new system. Nobody can mention anything about any elections until 1 month before the vote. They can do whatever they want to try and win our votes for 30 days-- that's it.

That's plenty of time for me to weigh the issues and measure-up the candidates, then make up my mind. Think of the money and time that could be saved this way.

I read that this year, the candidates are spending upwards of $10 per vote. Next time, they should just forget it and send me a $10 gift certificate to Chili's. That guy's got my vote for sure.

No comments: