Friday, November 21, 2008

Where the @#%$! are the M&Ms?

I've finally done it. I've outsmarted myself. And now I'm ticked off.

My friend Jamie gave me a package of mint M&M's the other day for watching her kids. Totally unnecessary, but very sweet.

In the spirit of trying to do better, I thought I'd save them until Saturday-- my "free" day, if you will. I didn't trust myself, however, so I made a plan. I told Michael to hide them from me and not under any circumstances to give them up until Saturday.

He did his job well. Now I'm jonesing for chocolate and I CAN'T find it!!! He just laughs when I tell him to go get me the M&M's RIGHT NOW. He thinks it's a test. He doesn't know he's angering an addict. He's playing with fire.

Seriously, how good a hiding place could a six year old find? Kind of makes me wonder what else he has stashed around here. All I know is that if the kid doesn't give it up here soon, I'm going to take desperate measures and instigate some serious tickle torture.

Don't mess with the Chocolate Beast. . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh you really haven't learned, have you?

He ate them.
Sheesh.
Parenting 101.