Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The More Things Change...


So, it's 7:30 pm MST on Election night, and it appears that Obama's got it in the bag. I have to admit, I feel a little apprehension about this. Perhaps it stems from my overall dislike of CHANGE.

Depending on my mood, (glass half full and all that), I think that things are either good enough already, OR that change could make things much worse.

I'm not a big believer in change, truth be told. It's rare that "change" per se leads to a permanent good difference in the status quo. Call me pessimistic, but I think that people are basically the same and tend to stay that way. Rare but true change for the better tends to come from dramatic events-- and I just don't see the election of yet another politician as providing that motivation, no matter how many times he says the word "change."

Sorry to get so serious here, when really there are so many funny things that could be said about a President Obama. (Have you thought of how many funny words rhyme with his name? How about llama, comma, and my favorite yo' mama.) I'll work on a good poem for next time-- maybe a nice limerick. "There once was a man named Barack..."

Perhaps I'm being disrespectful-- see what I mean? I got in trouble for writing mean poems about my teachers in junior high too. Seems like I haven't CHANGED much either...

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I can't wait for the limerick. Give it to us now!