Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy #5, Dougie!

My baby turned 5 today. As he told me himself after getting hit on the head and not crying, "You know, Mommy, 5 years-olds is much tougher than 4 years olds." He's getting so big.



















Five years ago last night, I went to bed the mother of two. I woke up about 2 in the morning and heard a steady dripping sound. Nope. My water hadn't broken. My water-bed had. That was the end of sleeping for that night, and 5 hours later, I found myself in the hospital, waiting for my third child to make an appearance. (Layne found himself cleaning wet carpet and buying a new bed.)

Dougie was born at about 1:07 p.m. on January 26th-- very cute and he just keeps getting cuter. He's like salt-- everything is better and more vibrant with him around. He has a way of seeing the world and of expressing himself that is not only entertaining, but insightful. His natural curiousity gets him in trouble, but his mostly innocent motives keep him from too severe of consequences, at least when those consequences are determined by me.

He is my constant companion-- he thinks that he is the junior vice-president of the PTA. I keep thinking about home schooling just him, as I don't think that I can bear to send him to school in the fall. I love you Dougie!

P.S. Here's his awesome football cake. As I am baking-challenged, my friend Tina came over to "help" me (read I-pretty-much-watched-her). Thanks, Tina! You're awesome.

3 comments:

7packofbearss said...

Happy Birthday Doug!! We love you!

Lewis Fam said...

Happy Birthday Doug!!! I love your blog

tiff said...

That was sweet. I love the pics you got of him.

p.s. would you really home school? i always wonder when the mom is like the backbone of the pta...