Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Poor Doug...

I had THAT day today.

You know. The sick kid one. The one where you never leave the house, except to walk to the neighbor's house for two minutes. The one where you think the walls really might be closing in.

Doug went down today with a nasty cold-- 101 degree fever, goopy nose, cough, the works. That means I had to put on my nurse hat-- my least favorite of all the mom hats.

I'm not good at things that throw off my groove. I don't like things that make me feel trapped. And I really hate it when my kids have that "I feel miserable, why don't you fix this, Mom?" look. When they're sick and I can't make them better, I lose some of my super-mom glow.

The worst part is, no matter how much Lysol I use, the chances of a 5 year old keeping these germs to himself is next to nil. Looks like the start of a rough few weeks.

One more reason to hate January...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We had that over Christmas. Ugh. Hope it doesn't sweep the whole family...

7packofbearss said...

Bummer for Doug! Glad to see your kids still insist on having their Christmas pillowcases too.