Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Zitz

We woke up today thinking that we were working on home improvement projects all day long. My dad came to help us (that was what I asked for on my birthday months ago) and things went much faster than anticipated.

My sister Nicole and her family came over around 11:00 or so and I went with her to get a haircut. By the time we got home at noon, they boys had finished the projects already-- well, at least to the point where they had to stop to let dry wall putty dry.

It wasn't planned, but we spent the rest of the day pretty much playing Rock Band. Sure, I stopped for a little while to take the kids to the store to get ice cream for dinner (complete with candy to mix in the the ice cream), but we literally spent hours and hours playing the game.

I played the drums for so long that my arms hurt. Jared lost his voice and Nicole and Layne both have carpal tunnel from the guitars.

The kids ran amok all day and will probably barf all night from my super-nutritious dinner. I might barf myself-- at least I might wish that I could.

Our band is called The Zitz. I know. Bad name, but we were awesome. I have video proof.

The kids joined in and sang back up or played the foot pedals for the drums. We got nothing done and had a blast.

I hope that our kids remember stuff like that when they are tempted to tell their kids that their mean parents made them clean the house and do chores all of the time. . .

3 comments:

7packofbearss said...

Thanks for the video!! I noticed you weren't in it. I wondered why Layne didn't howl at my singing. It was because he knew you were taping it.

Mother 25 - 8 said...

Kim!! Great to see you!!! Didn't know you were so big into biking! ANd loved the football/baseball cake AND loved your photo work! Kim, you're so talented! I'm glad I found your blog address. It'll be fun for me to catch up with you! Any news from Sister Smith? How about Sister Ramos, Freitas or Viana?

tiff said...

It's nice to know that I'm not the only mom who lets her kids eat junk for dinner sometimes....

No offense. :)

Of course they will remember and love you for it!