Monday, January 05, 2009

A Winter Poll

I HATE JANUARY. I am not a snow person. I grew up in Utah and have NEVER been skiing. My only experience on a snowboard came last week, and as my grade 1 sprained MCL can attest, it was my last.

This is the most depressing week of the year for me. The holidays are over and people start turning off their Christmast lights. (Except for those people on Center Street in American Fork who have lights for every holiday, including Valentine's, St. Patrick's, July 4th, and Halloween.) The world is a cold, dark, dreary place right now.

I usually think of something good to get me through this month. I got married in February. I've had babies in January and February. Last year, I was looking forward to a trip to Argentina. This year, I've got nothin'.

I spent the day feeling sorry for myself. My knee hurts and I have a cold. The washer was unhooked (due to the freakin' cold temps) so I couldn't even do the laundry. I sat around with Doug pretty much all day and played kid-Phase 10 and watched Batman.

Enough of that. So, I need some ideas for getting through the rest of this blasted winter. (My inlaws just left for a 30 South Seas cruise and sneaking into their luggage didn't work out for me.) What gets you guys through?

5 comments:

7packofbearss said...

I've got nothin' for you. Sorry. Let's have a sleep over. We could stay up all night playing games.

Unknown said...

(whispers)
Alcohol.

I kid, I kid.
It sucks here. I totally agree with you.

April Showers said...

Fresh Flowers!

Jamie said...

I start in on a good book, find a project that's been needing attention for who knows how long, start cleaning out one drawer at a time, and most importantly PLAY with friends...hello, call me!

Lewis Fam said...

Eat 500 calories a day and give yourself injections