Friday, January 09, 2009

Layne's Lasik

Layne got his Christmas present today-- a glasses-free world. He's worn glasses from the time he was 15. He's wanted to have Lasik done for quite a few years, but every time he's gotten close, we've come up with something else to do with the money.

For Christmas, Layne's parents gave us some money and I told Layne this was it-- I wanted him to use it for his eyes before something else came up.


So, today, Layne let some lady slice open his eyeballs. And I got to watch.



It was totally gross, and I didn't even watch the whole thing. There is just something creepy about things touching eyes. Layne said that it was worse than a root canal-- not painful (he was full of valium) but just uncomfortable.
His eyes are all red and he says it feels like he has eyelashes in his eyes, but, he can see without his glasses. And now I can see his beautiful eyes without anything in the way.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

COOL! I have always kinda wanted to do this, but then I figure I am only a couple of years away from needing up close correction, like old people, and I would be right back in my glasses.

Terra said...

Very cool! And i bet it was way worth every penny. Enjoy your hubby - glasses free!

Lewis Fam said...

Go Layne!!! that is so neat. I really don't know if I would have the guts to let someone do anything to my eyes.

tiff said...

You have to tell me all about this! I've been wondering about doing it for years....